Development Lead - Back End
Who we are:
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With an installed base of over 60,000 charging points including 700 fast charging points in 45 countries, EVBox drives sustainable mobility, by bringing the leading electric vehicle charging solutions to the world.
Just like the automobile replaced the horse and carriage, so will electric vehicles replace combustion-based automobiles. A charging point at every parking spot, an Electric Vehicle for every driver.
As a Development Lead, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of highly talented individuals. Although you have management experience, you are super technical and willing to be hands on.You are end responsible for the continuously innovation of the software solutions related to Electrical Vehicle charging.
Architecture & development
- Develop prototypes quickly to drive platform innovation
- Recommend technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex applications.
- Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies
- Build new high level designs as required
Mentoring & leadership
- Take initiative and share innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance and maintainability
- Lead a group of software engineers responsible for delivering next e-mobility platform
- Lead by example, care for your team and always be for them
- Coach, guide, inspire and motivate team members
DevOps & testing
- Analyze and improve efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Set up and own testing and build infrastructure
- Strong leadership experience
- Strong Java Core skills
- Feel comfortable with our current tech stack: NoSQL, Spring, Guice, Hibernate, Docker, microservices, various cloud technologies
- You like most of our methods: Agile, build management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, data structures/algorithms
We would be more than happy if you also have these bonus skills:
- Experience in engineering low latency software systems of medium to large scope and complexity
- Knowledge of distributed systems and memory and performance optimisation