DevOps Software Engineer
Who we are:
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With an installed base of over 60,000 charging points including 700 fast charging points in 45 countries, EVBox drives sustainable mobility, by bringing the leading electric vehicle charging solutions to the world.
Just like the automobile replaced the horse and carriage, so will electric vehicles replace combustion-based automobiles. A charging point at every parking spot, an Electric Vehicle for every driver.
As a DevOps Software Engineer, you’ll be providing continuous innovation to our software solutions relating to electrical vehicle charging platform (PAAS), while understanding the implications of software & infrastructure designs and implementation choices on application usability, performance and maintainability.
Role and responsibilities:
- Share best practices, design patterns and frameworks, while understanding the implications of software designs and implementation choices on application usability, performance and maintainability
- Create and maintain automation to ensure security across a geographically dispersed hosting environment
- Support client’s efforts to integrate onto our platform by providing technical subject matter expertise
- Create and enhance Continuous Integration automation across supported platforms
- Establish and maintain best practices around DevOps
- Manage infrastructure services in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability
- Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies
- Create, enhance and mature disaster recovery solutions
- Drive initiatives to continuously improve platform performance and reliability
Knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Work closely with Product Owner and Software Architects to ensure correct technical designs
- Coordinate the transfer and retention of knowledge in the department
- Coach, guide and inspire others with the team
- Strong proven experience in software development with a focus on infrastructure
- Good understanding of Network & Switches, VPN, Routing, Firewall
- Experience with Cloud technologies from different vendors (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Heroku)
- Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and related technologies
- Experience with Stackdriver, Nagios or other application monitoring systems
- Experienced with Apache & Nginx web server technologies
- Experience with Agile practices and methodologies
- Experience in delivering and providing support for low latency software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
- Significant experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.