System Engineer - Hardware & Firmware
Who we are:
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With an installed base of over 60,000 charging points including 700 fast charging points in 45 countries, EVBox drives sustainable mobility, by bringing the leading electric vehicle charging solutions to the world.
Just like the automobile replaced the horse and carriage, so will electric vehicles replace combustion-based automobiles. A charging point at every parking spot, an Electric Vehicle for every driver.
As a System Engineer, you will take a central technical role in the development of EVBox’s AC (3.7-22kW) charging stations, ensuring they are best-in-class and ready for large scale rollouts. You will make sure that technical requirements are clear to the hardware and embedded firmware/software development teams and ensure proper integration into a range of charging stations. You will further help to define technical solutions to product requirements, oversee and participate in the functional and performance testing of the charge stations.
In addition, you'll be responsible for the creation of lead content for technical documentation on the products and be involved in both lifecycle management of existing products as well as development of entirely new products or electronic platforms.
- Develops new product platforms for charging stations taking into account electronics, hardware, firmware and the cloud platform the station connects to
- Keeps track of system requirements (functional, performance and testability) and implementation, being responsible for the entire integrated solution
- Working with a Product Owner to bring business and market needs to detailed system and subsystem/component requirements and design concepts
- Works with several firmware and hardware teams (internal and external) developing the embedded firmware and electronics
- Validates both firmware and hardware on the integrated embedded system, both actively testing him/herself as defining test cases for dedicated test engineers
- Works on improving test protocols
- Documents system design and functionality for internal development/support teams, as input to user/assembly documentation and certifying bodies
- Receives identified issues from support team and take lead in coming to a solution
Takes ownership of various station configurations (both hardware and firmware)
- Minimum Bachelors degree in technical field
- Embedded systems development experience
- Embedded programming experience (at least basic understanding)
- Testing experience (manual and/or automated), both hands-on and documented preparation
- Knowledge of M2M/IoT communication standards and platforms
- Knowledge of electronics/electrical standards
- Knowledge on data/cybersecurity is a plus
- Experience in the EV industry, automotive or electrical industry