Technical Support Engineer - UK & Ireland (AC charging)
Who we are:
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With an installed base of over 60,000 charging points including 700 fast charging points in 45 countries, EVBox drives sustainable mobility, by bringing the leading electric vehicle charging solutions to the world. Just like the automobile replaced the horse and carriage, so will electric vehicles replace combustion-based automobiles. A charging point at every parking spot, an Electric Vehicle for every driver.
As Technical Support Engineer - UK & Ireland you will solve 1st line problems of customers mainly BackOffice related and you will provide 2nd line support to EVBox products.
In addition, your support consists of incident analysis and providing timely solutions to problems. Based on the analysis the customer, installer or internal colleague is provided with either a solution or advice.
You will work from our office in Milton Keynes, UK and you will report directly to our Managing Director UK.
- Give technical training to partners
- Ability to site survey
- Register and solve problems related to EVBox products
- Perform deep analyses of an inquiry through the product chain (electrical, communication, software).
- Answer enquiries of installers, customers or internal staff by mail or by phone
- Provide technical information to customers, partners and internal staff
- Manage service orders
- Manage the administration of outgoing service orders and incoming invoices
- Spares inventory/RMA process
- Travel will be required
- Solve customer issues related to hardware & software
- Help customers register the stations and cards
- Listen and respond to customers’ needs and concerns
- Provide information about EVBox products and services
- Review or make changes to customer accounts
- Handle returns or complaints
- Record details of customer contacts and actions taken – Service Cloud
- Research answers or solutions needed
Refer customers to technical support, team leader, sales or finance
- Daily follow up on and update outstanding tickets in the ticket system
- Pro-active keep the records up to date
Qualification / Experience:
- Electrically qualified – 17th/18th Edition
- Ideally, qualified to Supervisor level
- Data background i.e. building management systems
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting in technical support, preferably in the industry
- Previous experience in the automotive industry/transport would be an advantage
- Electrical control systems
- Data communication
- Computer literate & Windows Office
- Demonstrable presentation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English